HOW TO HANG YOUR PUNCTUATIONin Adobe InDesign CC 2015 or higher
- Select a text frame, or click anywhere in the story.
- Choose Type > Story.
- Select Optical Margin Alignment.
- Select a font size to set the appropriate amount of overhang for the size of type in your story. For optimal results, use the same size as the text.
- To turn off Optical Margin Alignment for an individual paragraph, choose Ignore Optical Margin from the Paragraph panel menu or Control panel menu.
in Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 or higherTo turn on Roman hanging punctuation, open the Paragraph tool panel, and click on the arrow on the upper right of the box. A drop-down menu will appear in which you can choose “Roman Hanging Punctuation.”
in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 or higher
- Select a type layer if you want all the paragraphs in that type layer to be affected.
- Select the paragraphs you want affected.
- Choose Roman Hanging Punctuation from the Paragraph panel menu. A check mark indicates that the option is selected.